Nestled in New York City's East Village, St. Brigid School has been preparing Pre-K through 8th grade students of all faiths for academic success since 1856. We combine the best teaching and challenging academic curriculum with a traditional Catholic value-based elementary education in a safe and nurturing atmosphere. Students learn and grow in a structured learning environment that offers excellent teaching, free breakfast and lunch, and experience-expanding field trips. Named after the patron saint of the arts, St. Brigid School integrates arts in education and offers students art, music, and choir classes, as well as the opportunity to participate in concerts, plays, and other arts initiatives. Prepare your student for success with a well-rounded, values-based education from St. Brigid School.
Our Catholic school believes each student is a unique person involved in a life-long journey of personal growth in Christian holiness and in all values that are genuinely human.
We are committed to:
• Providing a Catholic Education in a loving faith community.
• Developing and maintaining a safe and loving environment for our children.
• Helping students grow and develop into self-sustaining and self-directing contributing citizens of the Church and society.
• Creating a structured environment so that meaningful learning can occur.
"St. Brigid's stands as a beacon of hope in the East Village."
- Dr. E. Francine Guastello, Associate Professor of Literacy, St. John's University Graduate School of Education
M-8 to Avenue A/East 9th Street
M-9 to East Houston/Essex Street
M-14 to East 14th Street/Avenue A
M-15 to 2nd Avenue/Houston Street
M-21 to East Houston/Avenue C
6 to Astor Place
F,V to 2nd Avenue - Lower East Side
N,R to 8th Street - NYU